Famous for Airshows and Cheap gas, Abbotsford is one of the most picturesque cities in the Province of British Columbia. The city is situated in the south-western corner of the Province of British Columbia along the Canada/U.S. border just 89 kilometers (55 miles) from the Pacific Coast. Abbotsford, located between the Coast and Cascade mountain ranges, is the biggest city in British Columbia by area. The total area under the city is around 375.6 km²; this makes it the largest city of British Columbia. This city began as a colonial development back in 1858. It was developed due to the gold rush that was so prominent on the Fraser River. The settlement grew, along with tobacco, milk, and butter, later leading to railroad tracks built between Vancouver and Seattle. Positioned just over the Canadian border, this city has grown significantly in the last 100 years. Today it is managed by a City Council and the mayor, with most residents working for Abbotsford.
In Abbotsford, about 40% of buildings are single detached homes, whereas the rest are mainly small apartment buildings, duplexes, and townhouses. There is a good range of housing sizes - from one-bedroom apartments to villas. Homeowners occupy around 70% of the units in Abbotsford, and renters occupy 30%. This city did not experience a single building boom; the construction of new homes in Abbotsford was spread throughout many decades in recent history. For potential buyers of homes for sale in Abbotsford, It is beneficial to review their characteristics in Abbotsford !
The Abbotsford School District is home to 46 modern, well-equipped, well-maintained schools, including 31 Elementary Schools, 1 K-12 school, 7 Middle Schools, 2 Middle & Secondary Schools, 7 Secondary Schools. The following list depicts the institutions easily accessible in Abbotsford:
Abbotsford is the Canadian hub for agri-business, with annual agricultural activity amounting to $1.8 billion within Abbotsford, which equals more than half of the Province's total GDP in this sector. With dairy, poultry, fish, meat, and beverages dominating production, value-added specialty food products increase. Consumer interest in safe, high-quality, and sustainably produced food drives growth and innovation in this industry. British Columbia's aerospace sector is internationally renowned for its specialized products and services. The industry is supported by a network of schools that continue to produce highly skilled workers. B.C.'s aerospace sector is the third-largest in Canada. Home to more than 200 companies, it generates a total of $2.4 billion in revenue annually and directly employs nearly 9,000 people.
Manufacturing is a vibrant and vital component of the British Columbia economy. Boasting the largest economic footprint, supporting 12,000 companies and 400,000 jobs, 77% of this sector comprises small or medium-sized firms. British Columbia has a strong reputation in technology innovation and offers a range of investment opportunities. Home to leading-edge companies in a thriving technology and media sector, the Province boasts $29 billion in domestic revenues and $6 billion in exports of goods and services.
Known as a "City in the Country," Abbotsford has the most fantastic places for recreation. These include:
A variety of modes of transportation are available in Abbotsford:
The average rent for 1 bedroom apartment in Abbotsford is $1450.
The average rent for 2 bedrooms apartment in Abbotsford is $1775.
The average home price of detached homes is $1,179,556.
Around 70% people own their own houses whereas the rest, i.e 30% live on rent.
The closest cities to Abbotsford, BC include Mission, Langley, Yarrow and Lindell beach.
Below you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions about ABBOTSFORD
Popular cities within a 100km radius of ABBOTSFORD