Burlington Real Estate Trends and Information
The total population of Burlington is 183,314 (in 2016). The females outnumber men in Burlington, with women counting at 58,845 and women at 64,335. The population experienced a 2.2% growth rate from 120,569 in the year 2011.
Immigrants: As per the 2016 census, there are around 42,465 immigrants in Burlington. Out of the total immigrant population, 4,135 people moved to the city between 2011 to 2016. In addition, there were around 980 non-permanent residents in 2016.
Homes For Sale in Burlington
Dwellings in Burlington are of various types based on their structure, including apartments, rowhouses, detached houses, and semi-detached houses.
- Single Detached Houses: 36,745
- Other Attached Dwellings: 22,995
- Semi Detached Houses: 3,110
- Other Single Attached Houses: 105
The average household size was 2.5.
People living in private households was 180,125.
Burlington Housing Market
- Average price of all property types: $768,437
Average price of condos: $498,926
- Average price of one-bedroom condos: $454,761
- Average price of two-bedroom condos: $574,568
- Average price of three-bedroom condos: $656,582
Average price of condo townhomes: $644,199
- Average price of two-bedroom condo townhouses: $629,815
- Average price of three-bedroom condo townhouses: $660,925
- Average price of four-bedroom condo townhouses: $570,613
Average price of freehold townhouses: $812,280
- Average price of three-bedroom freehold townhouses: $816,277
- Average price of four-bedroom freehold townhouses: $908,608
Average price of Detached homes in Burlington: $1,116,790
- Average price of two-bedroom Detached homes: $1,043,230
- Average price of three-bedroom Detached homes: $998,061
- Average price of four-bedroom Detached homes: $1,280,613
- Average price of five-bedroom Detached homes: $1,570,672
- Currently, the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Burlington, ON is $1,750. This indicates a 3% decrease in comparison to the previous year.
- Currently, the average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Burlington, ON is $2,139. This implies a 4% increase as compared to the previous year.
In Burlington, the schools are many by four different school boards, including two English and two French-language schools. The four school boards in Burlington are listed below:
- Halton District School Board
- Halton Catholic District School Board
- Conseil scolaire Viamonde
- Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir
In Burlington, there are around 29 public elementary schools and 14 Roman Catholic elementary schools. As for high schools, there are around seven public high schools and 3 Catholic high schools.
Colleges & Universities
- Columbia International College
- Royal Botanical Gardens: The Royal Botanical Gardens are covered over an area of 900 hectares. This place is the best attraction spot in the city of Burlington. This spot contains four outdoor gardens, one greenhouse and three restaurants, along with a beautiful lovely gift shop.
- The Art Gallery of Burlington: The Art Gallery of Burlington is the seventh-largest public gallery in Ontario. The gallery is spread over 4,100 square meters and contains over 1,000 pieces of art in its collection. Around 100,000 visitors visit the gallery every year.
- Brant Street Pier: Brant Street Pier is an S-shaped pier extending 137 metres over Lake Ontario. The dock offers breathtaking views of Lake Ontario and Burlington’s shoreline. The pier is open between 7 am and 11 pm so that the visitors can enjoy the views at any time, morning, afternoon or evening. The visitors can also go fishing or cycling here.
- Mount Nemo Conservation Area: Mount Nemo Conservation Area is the best place to go for climbing. This is one of the most famous places to climb in Southwestern Ontario. This place is not suitable for beginners; however, this place is a perfect destination for avid climbers. Another feature of this place is the spectacular views stretching to CN Tower on a clear day.
- Bruce Trail: This world-renowned trail is the perfect place in the city to go for a hike. The trail stretches from Niagara River to Tobermory, passing through Burlington along the way, stretching for 890 kilometres. The trail runs along the Niagara Escarpment, which is UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. It is a phenomenal hike with picturesque views, lush green meadows, waterfalls and wildlife.
FAQs (Burlington Real Estate)
- Q1: What is the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Burlington, ON ?
The average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Burlington is $1,750.
- Q2: What is the monthly rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Burlington, ON ?
The average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Burlington, ON is $2,139.
- Q3 What is the average price of condos in Burlington ?
The average rent of condo apartments in Burlington is $498,926.
- Q4 What is the average price of Detached homes in Burlington ?
The average price of detached homes in Burlington is $1,116,790.
- Q5 What is the average price of 2-bedroom condo apartments in Burlington ?
The average price of 2-bedroom condo apartments in Burlington is $574,568.