Caledon Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Caledon is a town in the Regional Municipality of Peel in the Greater Toronto Area and is one of the three municipalities of the Peel Region. The city is at the northwest border of Brampton. With an area of 688 km2 (266 sq mi), Caledon is the largest city and town by area in the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario. Caledon, a town located 15 km northwest of Toronto. The city became a police village in 1913 and later a village in 1957. Various townships, including the townships of Caledon and Albion, part of Chinguacousy, and the villages of Bolton and Caledon East, were amalgamated to form the town of Caledon. Caledon East was formerly known as Tarbox Corners after a Loyalist family, later as Munsie’s Corners and presently as Caledon East due to its location in the township of Caledon. Bolton was named after an early settler, James Bolton.
Caledon Real Estate Trends and Information
The estimated population of Caledon (2020) is 75,957, which increased by 11.8% from 2011 to 2016. As a result, the city has a population density of 96.6/km2 (250/sq mi).
- AGE: The average age of 8f the population in Caledon is 39.1 years, which is less than the national average. 68.2% of the total population lies between the age group of 15 to 64 years, followed by the youngest population, with 18.6% falling in this age group. 1.1% of the population is above 85 years. Only five people were above the age of 100.
- IMMIGRANTS: Out of the total population, 16,310 immigrants in the city. Around 780 people migrated to the city from 2011 to 2016. In addition, there are about 185 non-permanent residents in the city as of 2016.
Homes For Sale in Caledon
Dwellings in Caledon are of various types based on their structure, including apartments, rowhouses, detached houses, and semi-detached houses.
- Single Detached Houses: 17,730
- Other Attached Dwellings: 3,390
- Semi Detached Houses: 1,280
- Single Attached House: 15
People living in private households was 66,215
The average household size was 3.1.
Caledon Housing Market
- All Property Types: $906,749
- Average Price of Condos: $871,721
- Average Price of two-bedroom Condos: $887,245
Average Price of Condo-Townhomes: $861,198
- Average Price of two-bedroom Condo Townhouses: $1,115,113
- Average Price of three-bedroom Condo Townhouses: $648,502
Average Price of Freehold Townhouses: $799,703
- Average Price of three-bedroom Freehold Townhouses: $789,630
- Average price of four-bedroom Freehold Townhouses: $898,149
Average Price of Detached Homes: $1,092,611
- Average Price of two-bedroom Detached Homes: $865,125
- Average Price of three-bedroom Detached Homes: $1,004,399
- Average Price of four-bedroom Detached Homes: $1,171,779
- Average Price of five-bedroom Detached Homes: $1,404,324
Most of the residents of Caledon live in owned apartments, whereas 8% of the population resides in rental homes. The monthly rent in Caledon costs around $1,052.
The schools in Caledon are managed by four school different school boards, which are as follows:
- Peel District School Board- (Secular Anglophone schools)
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board – (Catholic Anglophone Separate Schools)
- Conseil scolaire Viamonde – (Secular Francophone schools)
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud – (Catholic Francophone Schools)
Caledon’s economy is composed of different sectors, including advanced manufacturing, agriculture and food, construction, professional scientific and technical services, tourism, and transportation.
- Total number of manufacturing businesses in Caledon: 175
- Total number of people employed in the manufacturing sector: 5275
- The jobs in Caledon’s manufacturing sector are projected to increase from 5,275 in 2018 to 5,810 in 2024, an increase of over 10%.
Agriculture & Food
- Total number of farms in Caledon is around 345.
- 85% of farms and 94% of the farmland in the Region of Peel are in Caledon
- Over 565 people in Caledon are directly employed in Agriculture.
Food Processing Companies in Caledon are as follows:
- Construction accounts for 14% of the total labour force and 17% of all business in Caledon.
- A total of 4424 employees are employed in the construction sector.
- There are a total of 529 construction businesses in Caledon.
Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
- The city has 300 jobs in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services.
- Around 1121 people in Caledon are employed in professional, Scientific and Technical Services.
Some of the top companies in Caledon are:
- Albion Hills Veterinary Hospital
- AME Material and Engineering
The main places that attract most of the tourists are as follows:
Places To Visit
Some of the places worth visiting in Caledon are as follows:
- Spirit Tree Estate Cidery
- Forks of the Credit Scenic Road
FAQs (Caledon Real Estate)
- Q1. What is the average monthly rent for homes in Caledon, ON ?
The average monthly rent for homes in Caledon, ON is $1052.
- Q2. What is the average price of 3-bedroom Freehold townhouses in Caledon ?
The average price of 3-bedroom Freehold Townhouses in CALEDON is $789,630.
- Q3 What is the average price of Detached homes in Caledon, ON ?
The average price of Detached homes in Caledon, ON is $1,092,611.
- Q4 What is the average price of condos in Caledon, ON ?
The average price of condos in Caledon, ON is $871,721.
- Q5 What is the average price of 3-bedroom Detached homes in Caledon, ON ?
The average price of 3-bedroom Detached homes in Caledon, ON is $1,004,399.