Cambridge Real Estate Trends and Information
Cambridge, ON, has a population of 129,920 people. The population rose by 3,172 people, with an average growth rate of 0.5% from 2011 to 2016. According to the statistics, there are more females than males in Cambridge, outnumbering men by 2205. The average age of the population in Cambridge is 39.5 years, which is less than the national average. At the time of the census, there were around 40 people above the age of 100 years.
Homes For Sale in Cambridge
Dwellings in Cambridge are of various types based on their structure, including apartments, rowhouses, detached houses, and semi-detached houses:
- Single Detached Houses: 28,135
- Other Attached Dwellings: 17,460
- Semi Detached Houses: 3,675
- Other Single Attached Houses: 175
People living in private households was 127,840.
The average household size was 2.7
Cambridge Housing Market
- Benchmark price of all property types in Cambridge(August 2021): $760,600
- Percentage change in the benchmark price of all houses in Cambridge: 30.4% increase as compared to August 2020
- **Benchmark price for single-family homes in Cambridge (August 2021): $766,100
- Percentage change on a year-over-year basis: increasing by 29.2% on a year-over-year basis in August
- The benchmark price for townhouse/row units in Cambridge (August 2021): $609,400
- The benchmark price for apartments in Cambridge (August 2021): $689,500
- Percentage change in the benchmark price of apartments in Cambridge as compared to August 2021: 31.2% increase
- The average price of homes sold in Cambridge (August 2021): $762,381
- Percentage change in the average price of homes sold in Cambridge (August 2021): 25.4% increase compared to August 2020.
- Number of new listings in the month of August (2021): 191
- Percentage change in the number of new listings in Cambridge: 30.3% decrease as compared to August 2020
- Total number of single-detached houses sold during 2nd quarter of 2021: 728 units
- Percentage change in the number of sales as compared to 2nd quarter of 2020: 65.1% increase
- Total number of townhouses and row houses sold during 2nd quarter of 2021: 146 units
- Percentage change in the number of sales as compared to 2nd quarter of 2020: 32.7% increase
- Currently, the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Cambridge, ON is $1,520. This indicates a 6% increase as compared to the previous year.
- Currently, the average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Cambridge, ON is $2,325. This indicates a 46% increase as compared to the previous year.
School education in Cambridge is managed by the three primary school boards, which are Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB), Waterloo Catholic District School Board (WCDSB) and Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud (CSDCCS), French-language school board for the South-Central region of Ontario. The post-secondary institution available in Cambridge is the University of Waterloo School of Architecture campus is located in Cambridge in the Riverside Silk Mill. It includes a theatre, fitness room and a gallery. Another college available here is Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning.
The economic base of Cambridge is diversified and has manufacturing, automotive, textiles, plastics, agrifood and technology sector city has a consumer market of over 500,000 people and work in the region, with a labour pool of over 296,000. The top 5 employers in Cambridge are:
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada Inc: 8000
- Challenger Motor Freight Inc: 1800
- Loblaw Companies Limited: 1520
- Fashion History Museum: The visitors can fully immerse themselves in fashion. The museum was inaugurated in 2004 and had a collection of over 10,000 garments and accessories. Some of these clothes are from the 17th century. The Fashion History Museum is a non-profit, charitable organization and features collections from the past 350 years.
- Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory: This conservatory is privately owned, and it stretches over an area of 107 acres. This facility includes a 10,800 square foot indoor tropical garden, which features 1000’s free-flying butterflies from all over the world and over 100 different varieties of tropical plants, waterfalls, streams, reflecting pools, tropical finches, Chinese painted quails and red-eared slider turtles.
- Churchill Park: Churchill Park is the perfect place to spend the day, especially if you have kids. There is a playground area and splash pad to engage the kids in playing. This park also includes baseball diamonds, soccer fields, nature trails, and two picnic areas (one with a sheltered covering). Some other places in Cambridge are Mill Race Park, Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge, Cambridge to Paris Rail Trail, Four Fathers Brewing Co etc.
FAQs (Cambridge Real Estate)
- Q1 What is the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Cambridge, ON ?
The average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Cambridge, ON is $1,520.
- Q2 What is the average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Cambridge, ON ?
The average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Cambridge, ON, is $2,325.
- Q3 What is the benchmark price of all housing property types in Cambridge, ON ?
The benchmark price of all housing property types in Cambridge is $760,600.
- Q4 What is the total population of Cambridge, ON ?
The total population of Cambridge, ON, is 129,920.
- Q5 What is the benchmark price for apartments in Cambridge ?
The benchmark price for apartments in Cambridge is $689,500.