Hamilton Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Hamilton is a port city in Canada on the western end of Lake Ontario. It is Canada's leading industrial point. Its iron and steel industry has developed to become Canada's major part of the national steel output.
The climate in Hamilton is cold and temperate. However, there is a significant amount of rainfall throughout the year. The average temperature in Hamilton is 8.9 °C, and the annual rainfall recorded in Hamilton is 979mm. As Hamilton is situated in the northern hemisphere, summer starts here at the end of June and ends in September. Therefore, these are the months of summer: June, July, August, September.
Hamilton Real Estate Trends and Information
In 2016, the total population of Hamilton was 536,917. There was a 0.64% population rise compared to the last census year in 2011, with a growth of 16,968. The population density of the city is 480.6/km2. The area of Hamilton covers an area of 1138.11 square kilometres.
- Age: The average age of residents in Hamilton is 41.6 years, whereas the median age is 42.1 years. The largest age group in the city is 15 to 64 years, which accounts for 65.8%. The second-largest age group is 0 to 14 years was 16.4%, followed by 65 years and more, constituting 17.9%. Thus, 180 people were above the age of 100 years in the year 2016.
- Immigration: Hamilton ranks third in foreign-born residents after Toronto and Vancouver. About 20% of the residents in Hamilton were foreign-born. Half of the immigrants in Hamilton belonged to the Middle East and Asia, while 23% were Europeans. The immigrants who came to Hamilton were from Italy (9% of immigrants), Poland (5%), India (5%), Portugal (4.5%), Philippines (4%), Croatia (4%), United States (3%), Iraq (3%), China (3%), and Germany (2.5%).
- Religion: The major religion practiced here is Christianity (68%). Other religions that are practiced here in Hamilton are Islam (4%), Buddhist (1%), Sikh (0.8%), and Jewish (0.7%). One-fourth of the population has no religious affiliation.
- Education: While moving to a new place, a family with kids considers the educational efficiency of the city. Hamilton boasts of a strong public system that provides free but quality education funded by the government. The school education is controlled by school boards which are:
- The Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board is the Catholic school board for Hamilton, Ontario, which even includes the former Wentworth County. It currently operates 54 schools in total; 46 elementary, seven secondary and one adult school.
- The Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board is the public school board in Hamilton, Ontario, teaching around 103 neighbourhood schools.
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique: This Frech- language school board operates 3 schools in Hamilton.
- Conseil scolaire Viamonde: This board manages two French-language schools in Hamilton.
Post Secondary Hamilton is home to some outstanding post-secondary institutions that attract thousands of international students. These are as follows:
- Redeemer University College
- McMaster Divinity College
Hamilton Literacy Council: A non-profit organization that provides free of cost training in reading, writing, and math to English-speaking adults in Hamilton. /N ## Economic Activities
Hamilton has huge employers that provide jobs to thousands of people from inside and outside the city:
- University of Toronto (Colleges & Universities) - 10000+ Global Employees
- McMaster University (Colleges & Universities) - 5001 to 10000 Employees
- Ontario Power Generation (Energy) – a global company size of 5001 to 10000 Employees
- Deloitte (Accounting)- 10000+ Global Employees
- TD (Banks & Credit Unions) - 10000+ Global Employees
- Hydro One (Energy) - 5001 to 10000 Employees
- RBC (Banks & Credit Unions) - 10000+ Global Employees
- CIBC(Banks & Credit Unions) - 10000+ Global Employees
- TELUS (Cable, Internet & Telephone Providers) - 10000+ Global Employees
House For Sale in Hamilton
Dwellings are of various types based on their structure:
- Single Detached Houses: 165,055
- Other Attached Dwellings: 82,465
- Semi Detached Houses: 9,830
- Other Single Attached Houses: 590
The total number of persons in private households was 734,88
The average household size was 2.5
Hamilton Housing Market
Average Sold Prices
- All Property Types: $779,486
- Condos | Apartments: $489,423
- Average Sold Price: $854,825
- Price Change: 16.3% increase
- Transactions: 30.4% decrease
- Average Sold Price: $687,630
- Price Change: 22.7% increase
- Transactions: 37.6% decrease
- Average Sold Price: $489,423
- Price Change: 28.9% increase
- Transactions: 24.3% decrease
- Currently, the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Hamilton, ON is $1,431. This indicates a 6% increase compared to the previous year. There are around 115 rental apartments available in Hamilton.
- The average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Hamilton, ON, is currently $1,795. This indicates a 10% increase as compared to the previous year. There are around 118 rental apartments available in Hamilton.
- AFRICAN LION SAFARI: This park has over 1000 exotic birds and 100 species of animals. The park is home to cheetahs, lions, giraffes, zebra, ostrich, kangaroo and more.
- ROYAL BOTANICAL GARDENS: Royal Botanical garden is one of the most extensive botanical gardens in the world as well as in Canada, intending to connect people with nature and a variety of plants. The garden hosts more than 40,000 plants which are displayed in a variety of exhibition gardens. Spring and Fall is the best time to visit the garden when the beauty of this garden at the peak.
- ART GALLERY OF HAMILTON: This art gallery is Canada's third-largest gallery, and it has a collection of more than 10,000 artworks. The gallery even offers art classes and has programs for families and kids. In addition, every six months, different exhibitions are displayed.
- CANADIAN WARPLANE HERITAGE MUSEUM: This place throws light on the history of the Canadian military. There are around 40 aircraft that are displayed for public viewing. These planes were used in World War II, and it includes the Avro Lancaster.
- DUNDURN CASTLE: There are 40 well-decorated rooms inside Dundurn Castle and a garden with lots of vegetables, herbs and fruits.
0ther spots for visitors are:
- HMCS Haida National Historic Site
FAQ (Hamilton Real Estate)
- Q1 What is the average rent of a one-bedroom apartment in Hamilton ?
The average rent of a one-bedroom apartment in Hamilton is $1431.
- Q2 What is the average rent of 2 bedroom apartment in Hamilton ?
The average rent of a two-bedroom apartment in Hamilton is $1795.
- Q3 What is the average price of Detached homes in Hamilton ?
The average price of Detached homes in Hamilton is $854,825.
- Q4 What is the average price of Semi-detached homes in Hamilton ?
The average price of semi-detached houses in Hamilton is $687,630.
- Q5 What is the average price of apartments in Hamilton ?
The average price of an apartment in Hamilton is $489,423.
Average Home Price
Average Condo Price
Average Detached Price