Milton Real Estate Trends and Information
As per the 2016 Canada Census, the population of Milton is that of 110,128 people. Although the city witnessed an increase of 25,766 people from 2011 to 2016, this indicated an average growth rate of 6.11% per year from 2011 to 2016.
- AGE: The working class (15 years to 64 years) constitutes the majority of the population, making up 65% of the total residents of Milton. This age group is followed by the youngest age group (0 to 14 years), making around 26.7% of the total population. Only ten people in Milton were above the age of 100 from 2011 to 2016.
- IMMIGRANTS: The total number of immigrants in Milton till 2016 was 37,270. The highest number of immigrants migrated to Milton from 2001 to 2010, with 13,705 immigrants. During the latest survey, 5,590 immigrants moved to the city. In addition, there are around 910 non-permanent residents in the city.
- DIVERSITY: As for the visible minority population, South Asians form a significant portion (51.93 percent) of the population. The Blacks stand second with 5,280 people. Filipinos follow the Blacks and constitute 9.51 percent of the visible minority population.
Homes For Sale in Milton
Dwellings in Milton are of various types based on their structure, including apartments, rowhouses, detached houses, and semi-detached houses.
- Single Detached Houses: 20,090
- Other Attached Dwellings: 12,600
- Semi Detached Houses: 3,570
- Other Single Attached Houses: 15
The average household size was 3.2.
People living in private households were 108,935.
Milton Housing Market
- Average price of all property types: $724,660
Average price of condos: $542,271
- Average price of one-bedroom condos: $484,156
- Average price of two-bedroom condos: $598,555
- Average price of three-bedroom condos: $550,704
Average price of condo townhomes:** $538,491
- Average price of two-bedroom condo townhouses: $721,698
- Average price of three-bedroom condo townhouses: $520,515
- Average price of four-bedroom condo townhouses: $561,263
Average price of Freehold Townhouses: $788,697
- Average price of three-bedroom freehold townhouses: $790,458
- Average price of four-bedroom freehold townhouses: $900,926
Average price of Detached homes: $1,027,698
- Average price of two-bedroom Detached homes: $837,196
- Average price of three-bedroom Detached homes: $914,779
- Average price of four-bedroom Detached homes: $1,096,257
- Average price of five-bedroom Detached homes: $1,394,298
- Currently, the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Milton, ON is $1,750. This indicates a 3% increase as compared to the previous year.
- Currently, the average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Milton, ON is $2,220. This indicates a 22% increase as compared to the previous year.
The following school boards manage the primary, elementary, high and secondary education in schools:
- Halton District School Board
- Halton Catholic District School Board
Post-secondary education is provided by different post-secondary institutions such as the College Of Int'l Holistic Studies and Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area: Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area is one of the most beautiful places in the province of Ontario. This spot was appointed as a conservation area in the year 1961 by the Halton Region Conservation Authority. The conservation area is popular among bikers, cyclists and nature lovers.
- Kelso Conservation Area: This conservation park covers an area of 3.97 square kilometres and includes Lake Kelso, an artificial reservoir created to control the flooding of Sixteen Mile Creek in Milton. This park offers around 20 campsites, 18 reserve-able picnic sites, and two camping/mixed sites.
- Mill Pond: The mill pond is a great historical place to go for a quiet walk with plenty of things to see. Reportedly, it is an excellent place to witness the colours of fall. The pond is located on the main street, right at the heart of downtown Milton ON.
- Milton Historical Society: Milton is a non-profit organization that aims to educate the local people to promote a sense of appreciation and pride for the history of Milton. This museum is located in a former Methodist Church that was originally built in 1857. The building was refurbished in 2006 for serving as a museum, lecture hall and art gallery.
- Milton theatre: Milton theatre is a performing arts centre located in Milton, Delaware. The stage features the best student, local, regional and national talent.
FAQs (Milton Real Estate)
- Q1 What is the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Milton, ON ? The average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Milton, ON, is $1,750.
- Q2 What is the average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Milton, ON ?
The average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Milton, ON is $2,220.
- Q3 What is the average price of detached homes in Milton, ON ?
The average price of Detached homes in MILTON is $1,027,698.
- Q4 What is the average price of 3-bedroom detached homes in Milton, ON ?
The average price of 3-bedroom detached homes in Milton, ON, is $914,779.
- Q5 What is the average price of condos in Milton, ON ?
The average price of condos in Milton is $542,271.