Newmarket Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Newmarket is a town located in the Golden Horseshoe region of Southern Ontario. It is a part of Greater Toronto and a regional seat of the Regional Municipality of York in Ontario. As per the 2016 Canada Census, the population of Newmarket reached 84,224, with an increase of 4,246 people witnessing a 5.3% increase in population from 2011 to 2016. The population density of Newmarket is 2,190.5/km², and the total area of the town is 38.45km².
Newmarket Real Estate Trends and Information
- AGE: The largest age group in Newmarket is 15-64 years, accounting for 68.7% of the total population. The least number of people fall in the age group of 85+ years, which constitutes only 2% of the whole population of Newmarket. The median age of the people of Newmarket is 39.7 years which is less than the national average. Around 25 people at the time of the census were above the age of 100 years.
- IMMIGRANTS: Out of the total population, the total number of immigrants is 23,235. From 2011 to 2016, a total of 2,295 immigrants migrated to the city. The number of non-residents in Vaughan in 2016 was 585.
- DIVERSITY: Out of the total population, 25.8% of the population comprises visible minorities. Newmarket's largest visible minority population is the Chinese people, constituting 6.8% of the total minority population. South Asian community is the second-largest visible group which counts up to 3,295 individuals, followed by Black people, which make 2.8% of the visible minority.
Homes For Sale in Newmarket
Dwellings in Newmarket are of various types based on their structure, including apartments, rowhouses, detached houses, and semi-detached houses:
- Single Detached Houses: 17,130
- Other Attached Dwellings: 10,240
- Semi Detached Houses: 2,215
- Single Attached Houses: 170
People living in private households were 82,725
The average household size was 2.9
Newmarket Housing Market
Average price of all property types in Newmarket: $790,587
Average price of condos in Newmarket: $524,647
- Average price of 1-bedroom condos in Newmarket: $580,995
- Average price of 2-bedroom condos in Newmarket: $497,787
- Average price of 3-bedroom condos in Newmarket: $681,725
Average price of Condo Townhomes in Newmarket: $670,880
- Average price of 2-bedroom Condo Townhouses in Newmarket: $805,082
- Average price of 3-bedroom Condo Townhouses in Newmarket: $648,201
Average price of Freehold Townhouses in Newmarket: $847,180
- Average price of 2-bedroom Freehold Townhouses in Newmarket: $731,526
- Average price of 3-bedroom Freehold Townhouses in Newmarket: $840,338
- Average price of 4-bedroom Freehold Townhouses in Newmarket: $903,444
Average price of Detached homes in Newmarket: $1,117,754
- Average price of 2-bedroom Detached homes in Newmarket: $871,617
- Average price of 3-bedroom Detached homes in Newmarket: $979,575
- Average price of 4-bedroom Detached homes in Newmarket: $1217621
- Average price of 5-bedroom Detached homes in Newmarket: $1641203
- Currently, the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Newmarket, ON is $1,863. This indicates a 59% increase as compared to the previous year.
- Currently, the average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Newmarket, ON is $1,750. This indicates a 7% increase as compared to the previous year.
Newmarket has a very diverse economy that depends mainly on business services, healthcare and knowledge sectors, manufacturing and retail industries.
The top 5 public employers in the city include Southlake Regional Health Centre, Regional Municipality of York, Town of Newmarket, York Regional Police.
- Fairy Lake Park: Fairy Lake Park is an artificial lake maintained by a dam on the East Holland River in Newmarket. Earlier, it used to be a millpond, but now it is used for leisure activities. The park has no admission fee and has a play area with equipment. In addition, this park hosts many festivals and events such as Music in the Park, Family Fun Picnic, Kanata Summer Festival, Christmas Festival of Lights and Nativity Pageant, Artisans Festival and Eco-Festival.
- Upper Canada Mall: Upper Canada Mall is a top-tier shopping destination in Greater Toronto Area. This shopping mall offers the best shopping experience in the North of Toronto, with many retailers.
- Newmarket Riverwalk Commons: Newmarket Riverwalk Commons is a bustling waterside recreational area offering a seasonal splash pool & skate rink, plus live events. It is an urban park with a splash pad in the summer and a skating rink in the winter. They have a farmers market here through the warmers months, and it's a great place to take a walk and enjoy the outdoors.
- Tom Taylor Trail: It is an 8.5-kilometre trail, the Newmarket portion of the Nokiidaa Trail. The trail follows the Holland River & Fairy Lake and eventually meets the Rogers Reservoir Trail in East Gwillimbury. This trail is mainly used for walking, running, and road biking. Dogs are also allowed at this trial, but they must be kept on a leash.
- Main Street Newmarket: The Main Street in Newmarket is, in fact, the heart of this town. The street boasts of 150 different variety shops. This street has a large variety of shops ranging from retail shops, Beauty Salons, Professional Services, Restaurants & Pubs. It also has a library right on the main street.
FAQs (Newmarket Real Estate)
- Q1 What is the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Newmarket, ON ?
The average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in NEWMARKET, ON is $1,863.
- Q2 What is the average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Newmarket, ON ?
The average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in NEWMARKET, ON is $1,750.
- Q3 What is the average price of detached homes in Newmarket, ON ?
The average price of detached homes in NEWMARKET, ON, is $1,117,754.
- Q4 What is the average price of condos in Newmarket, ON ?
The average price of condos in Newmarket, ON, is $524,647.
- Q5 What is the average price of 3-bedroom Detached homes in Newmarket, ON ?
The average price of 3-bedroom detached homes in Newmarket ON is $979,575.