Oakville Real Estate Trends and Information
As per the 2016 Census, the town of Oakville had 193,832 residents. It means that the city experienced an increase of 6.2% in the population compared to 2011. As a result, the population density of the town is 1,314.2/km2.
- AGE: The average age of the residents of Oakville is 39.7 years, whereas the median age is 41.7 years. Like most other cities, most of the population falls in the working-age group (66.5%). On the other hand, the least number of residents fall in the elderly age group (85+ years), which compose only 2.0% of the total population. The youngest residents below the age of 14 constitute 18.9% of the total population, followed by 65 years and over, which make 14.5% only.
- Immigrants: An online survey by Moneysense magazine crowned Oakville as 2018's best Canadian city for immigrants. The total number of immigrants in the city of Oakville is 68,845. Around 19,685 immigrants migrated here before 1981, rest of the immigrants moved after 1981. During the time period of 2011 to 2016, a total of 10,180 immigrants moved to the city. The total toll of non-permanent residents was 2,925.
- Diversity: Oakville is quite diverse, with one-fourth of its English residents. In addition, a large number of Irish and Scottish people reside in the city. Other ethnic groups which can be seen in Oakville include Germans, Italians, Polish, and French.
Homes For Sale in Oakville
Dwellings in Oakville are of various types based on their structure. These include Apartments, Rowhouses, detached houses and semi-detached houses !
- Single Detached Houses: 40,530
- Other Attached Dwellings: 17,850
- Semi Detached Houses: 2,615
- Other Single Attached Houses: 3,150
There are no movable dwellings in Oakville.
The total number of persons who were living in private households was 191,720.
The average household size was 2.9.
There were around 8,070 households, where five or more than five people lived.
Oakville Housing Market
The following data provides data related to the ongoing market trends in real estate !
- Average Price: $1.489 million
- Average Price: $1,703,000.00
- Average Price: $1,051,500
- Average Price: $707,728.00
- Average Price: $738,000.00
Currently, the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Oakville, ON is $2,000. The average rent plummeted down by 3% as compared to the previous year.
Currently, the average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Oakville, ON is $2,450. The average rent plummeted down significantly by 11% as compared to the previous year.
The schools in Oakville are managed by three school boards
- Halton Catholic District School Board:
- Halton District School Board:
- Conseil scolaire Viamonde
- Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir
Post-secondary: Oakville provides quality education to students pursuing post-secondary education. It also attracts the myriads of international students from all over the world.
The following list of employers among those providing the largest number of jobs. These are as follows:
- Halton Catholic District School Board (Education): 4,592 employees
- Ford Motor Company of Canada (Head Office & Automobile Manufacturing Plant): 4500 employees
- Halton District School Board (Education): 2,393 employees
- Halton Healthcare (Healthcare Services): 2,290 employees
- Regional Municipality of Halton (Regional Government): 2054 employees
- Sheridan College (Post-Secondary Institution): 1,856 employees
- The Corporation of the Town of Oakville (Municipal Government): 1144 employees
- The Canadian Golf Hall of Fame: The Canadian Golf Hall of Fame provides knowledge to visitors about the history of golf. The museum has accepted members who have been players, coaches and golf course architects or have in some other way contributed to the game. There is also a museum onsite that exhibits historic materials and records.
- Glen Abbey Golf Club: This golf course has hosted nearly 25 Canadian Open Championships so far. It is the place wherein 2000 Tiger Woods defeated Grant Waite. Anyone willing to learn the art of playing golf can come to this place as it is also an academy for teaching golf.
- Erchless Estate: Chisholm family, the town's founders, used to live at this place. This place is now preserved as a historic site and a museum. This estate exhibits the collection of costumes, textiles, ethnological artifacts and other belongings of the family, which are worth capturing.
- iFLY Toronto: This place is perfect for those curious about skydiving. It is a great way to experience skydiving without even having to jump from a plane. Some other exciting areas worth visiting include Downtown Oakville, Trans Canada Trail, Bronte Harbour, Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts, Oakville Children's Choir, and more.
FAQs (Oakville Real Estate)
- Q1 What is the average sold price of condo apartments in Oakville ?
The average sold price of a condo apartment in August 2021 is $707,728.00
- Q2 What is the average sold price of a Semi-detached house in Oakville ?
The average sold price of a semi-detached house in Oakville is $1,051,500.
- Q3 What is the average sold price of a detached house in Oakville ?
The average selling price of a detached home in Oakville is$1,703,000.00
- Q4 What is the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Oakville ?
The average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Oakville, ON, is $2,000.
- Q5 What is the average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Oakville ?
The average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Oakville, ON, is $2,450.