Pickering Real Estate Trends and Information
According to the 2016 Census, the population of Pickering, ON, stands at 91,771 people. The population of Pickering city has been growing at a rate of 0.35% per year over the past 15 years, from 2001 to 2016. In four years from 2011 to 2016, the city’s population grew by 3,050 people, an average growth rate of 0.69% per year from 2011 to 2016.
- AGE: The majority of the population falls in the age bracket of the working-age group (15 to 64 years). The youngest age group follows the working group, accounting for 16.3% of the total population. Only 20 people in Pickering above the age of 100 years were present.
- IMMIGRANTS: Out of the total population, around 31,155 immigrants are in the city. From 2011 to 2016, about 1,930 people immigrated to the city. Thus, the total number of non-permanent residents in the city is 430.
- DIVERSITY: As per the 2016 census, English is the mother tongue of the majority of the population (73.9%), followed by Urdu (2.4%), Tagalog (Filipino) (1.7%), Tamil (1.6%), Italian (1.3%), Persian (Farsi) (1.3%), French (1.2%), Arabic (1.2%), and Spanish (1.1%), which reflects the 20th century and later immigration.
Homes For Sale in Caledon
Dwellings in Pickering are of various types based on structure, including apartments, rowhouses, detached houses, and semi-detached houses.
- Single Detached Houses: 18,780
- Other Attached Dwellings: 9,485
- Semi Detached Houses: 2,345
- Other Single Attached Houses: 10
People living in private households was 90,995.
The average household size was 2.9.
Pickering Housing Market Trend
- Average Price of All Property Types: $687,729
Average Price of Condos: $491,544
- Average price of one-bedroom condos: $458,217
- Average price of two-bedroom condos: $552,681
- Average price of three-bedroom condos: $443,930
Average Price of Condo-Townhomes: $542,156
- Average price of two-bedroom Condo Townhouses: $556,409
- Average price of three-bedroom Condo Townhouses: $541,871
- Average price of four-bedroom Condo Townhouses: $505,800
Average Price of Freehold Townhouses: $760,294
- Average Price of three-bedroom Freehold Townhouses: $764,722
- Average price of four-bedroom Freehold Townhouses: $815,933
Average price of Detached homes in Pickering: $954,889
- Average price of two-bedroom Detached Homes: $816,424
- Average price of three-bedroom Detached Homes: $855,923
- Average price of four-bedroom Detached Homes: $1,043,559
- Average price of five-bedroom Detached Homes: $1,412,320
- Currently, the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Pickering, ON is $1500. This indicates a 2% increase as compared to the previous year.
- Currently, the average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Pickering, ON is $1600. The average rent has remained unchanged for this dwelling type.
Schools in Pickering are managed by four school boards which are as follows:
- Durham District School Board
- Durham Catholic District School Board
- Conseil scolaire Viamonde
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud
The significant employers in Pickering are as follows:
- Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)
- Noranco Manufacturing Ltd
- Signature Aluminum Canada Inc
- Rouge National Urban Park: The park covering 62.9 square kilometres of the area dates back to around 10,000 years ago. This park was once home to Palaeolithic nomadic hunters, Iroquoian farmers and early European explorers. The park contains wetlands, farmlands and conservation areas.
- Nautical Village: Nautical Village, situated along the edge of Lake Ontario, provides breathtaking views from the waterfront. This community offers many antique shops, ice cream parlours, bakeries and cafés. For beach volleyball lovers, this place has a beautiful beach with volleyball nets and areas for swimming area.
- Altona Forest: The 53 hectare Altona Forest is an important place for ecological conservation. It is home to the common as well as rare animals and birds in the area. The visitors can go hiking by themselves. Besides, a guide is also available every Saturday morning. Some other places worth visiting are:
- Waterfront TrailPickering Food Truck Festival
- Petticoat Creek Conservation Area
FAQs (Pickering Real Estate)
- Q1 What is the average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Pickering, ON ?
The average rent for a 1-bedroom apartment in Pickering, ON is $1500.
- Q2 What is the average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Pickering, ON ?
The average rent for a 2-bedroom apartment in Pickering, ON is $1600.
- Q3 What is the average price of Detached homes in Pickering, ON ?
The average price of Detached homes in Pickering, ON is $954,889.
- Q4 What is the average price of condos in Pickering, ON ?
The average price of condos in Pickering, ON, is $491,544.
- Q5 What is the average price of 3-bedroom Detached homes in Pickering, ON ?
The average price of 3-bedroom Detached homes in Pickering, ON is $855,923.
- Q6 What percent of residents of Pickering reside in rental homes?
Majority of the residents own their own houses; around 8% of the total residents live in rental homes.